CWA Sponsors Ft. Myers Chili Cook-Off
November 13, 2015 | by MaryAnne Nguyen
Fort Myers, FL – Conte Wealth Advisors sponsored the 4th Annual Chili Cook-Off through the Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce on November 7th. The event was held in conjunction with the “Tails & Tailgating” Fishing Tournament.
CWA spent the day making 5 gallons of a smokey chipotle chicken chili which was named “Chicken With Attitude.” Here is the recipe if you would like to try it out yourself!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 orange or yellow bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 lb ground chicken – I use dark meat – but you can use either
- 2 chipotle chilies, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 1 1/2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 16 ounce can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup sour cream (optional)
- Optional Toppings: Shredded Cheddar Cheese, Scallions, Diced Avocado, Sour Cream, Cilantro or Chives
- In a large heavy bottom pot, add the olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add the red and orange bell pepper, poblano pepper and yellow and red onion and saute for 10-12 minutes until the vegetables start to cook down. Add the garlic and chili powder and saute for 1-2 more minutes.
- Next, add the ground chicken. Break it up into pieces with a wooden spoon and saute until golden brown.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add chopped chipotle chili peppers, adobo sauce, crushed tomatoes and chicken stock. Stir to combine and reduce the heat to medium. Add the drained black beans and simmer for 1 hour until the chili thickens.
- Once the chili has thickened, you can reduce the heat to low and keep it on the stove until you are ready to serve.
- Top with any of the optional toppings and enjoy!